This is a hidden page for those who update the announcements. This is a running list of the many announcements that have been posted at the UUFP. The purpose of this page is to provide a quick paragraph for the different events to be posted when needed.
- Our night to make dinner for Good Fridays at St. Paul’s is the third Friday of every month. All are welcome to join us on Friday, March 16th, at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 221 34th Street in downtown Newport News. We start cooking at 4:30 p.m. Come on out, no matter your cooking skill level and even if you are a little late! For more information, contact Donna at: email@example.com.
- Game Night is on the First Saturdays during the winter months, which means it will be happening on Saturday, March 3rd from 6:30-8:30 p.m! We meet in the main building. This is a multigenerational event welcoming all to enjoy some fun game time with a bit of strategizing, and always laughter! Please bring a snack to share and some games that you love. Sponsored by the Membership Committee; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our night to make dinner for Good Fridays at St. Paul’s is the third Friday of every month. All are welcome to join us on Friday, February 16th, at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 221 34th Street in downtown Newport News. We start cooking at 4:30 p.m. Come on out, no matter your cooking skill level and even if you are a little late! For more information, contact Donna at: email@example.com.
- Soup Social will take place Sunday, February 18th from 12:15-1:45 p.m. (every third Sunday of the month). We gather after second service for some yummy homemade soups and conversation. Since this is not a potluck, we ask that we have five or so people volunteer to bring in soup, bread, or crackers. Please use the sign-up sheets on the bulletin board, between the coffee makers, to volunteer. All are encouraged to bring their own bowls and spoons to reduce waste and clean up time. Contact the Membership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Sponsored by the Membership Committee.
- Wednesday, February 21st Navigators USA Chapter 58 scout group (ages 4-17) will be gathering for their monthly meeting in the UUFP Sanctuary building. For more information contact Parker or Megan at email@example.com or check them out on Facebook for more up-to-date information. Sponsored by Social Justice Committee.
- Women's Drumming will meet Saturday, February 24th at 7 p.m. in the sanctuary building (every fourth Saturday). This is a casual gathering of women to share food and friendship and to make music together. All women are welcome! For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsored by the Music Committee
- Monday, February 26th, from 6:30-8:30 p.m., Adult Religious Education will be hosting the monthly knitting club in the office building here at the Fellowship. Anyone interested in participating or learning more about knitting, crocheting, sewing, etc. are encouraged to join. For more information contact: Meg; email@example.com.
- The next Goddess Group will meet Sunday, March 4th after the second service (around 12:30 p.m.) in the office building. This is an open discussion circle for everyone. Goddesses are chosen from various world religions as a starting place for group discussion. Bring a dish to share if you’d like. Childcare can be provided with advance notification. Please contact GoddessGroup@uufp.org with any questions. Sponsored by the Adult Religious Education Committee.