The deadline of announcements for inclusion on Sundays is Wednesday at Noon.
Announcements may be edited for length and formatting.
Announcements may be edited for length and formatting.
- Yoga Class meets every Tuesday, at 9:30am in the Sanctuary Building. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Fiber Fuun meets every first and third Monday at 6:30pm in the Office Building. All are welcome to bring their fiber and fabric for knitting, crocheting, and more! Join us for good fellowship and creativity. For more information, please contact Meg Glenn-Albiez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join us for our weekly Wednesday Evening Potluck at 6:30pm, followed by Reflect Back at 7pm where we discuss the past Sunday's service. For more information, please contact Rev. Andrew.
- Phone Bank with Equality of Virginia The election results were positive for the LGBTQ community in Virginia but the work is not over. Please consider coming to our weekly phone banks starting back up on Wednesday, December 4th at 6pm in the office building. Phone banks will continue each week into February. For more information, please contact DRE Joanne.
- The Festival of the Season will be held on Saturday, December 7th, from 1:00 - 4:00pm, and Game Night will follow from 4:00-6:00pm in the Sanctuary Building. Please make plans to join us for a day of making crafts, decorating cookies, singing carols and a visit with Santa! RE Gift Store is currently accepting donations of gently used gift items, for the Festival of the Season until Saturday, December 7th. All donations can be dropped off in the RE room. For more information, please contact DRE Joanne.
- Save the date! There will be a Town Hall meeting for members and friends in the sanctuary following the second service on Sunday, December 8th to discuss where we are in the "stay or go" decision.The meeting will be presented by members of the Planning Committee and our Real Estate task force.
- Please join us for Second Sunday Lunch at Sorabol Restaurant in Newport News on Sunday, December 8th, following our Town Hall meeting. *Please note: Due to the Town Hall meeting, we will meet around 1:15pm at Sorabol Restaurant* All are welcome! For more information contact Bobbie Schilling at email@example.com.
- Virginia Organizing Presents HOLIDAY COMEDY FUNDRAISER at the COZZY'S COMEDY CLUB will be held in Newport News on Wednesday, December 11th at 7pm. All are welcome! For more information, please contact Social Justice Committee at socialjustice.uufp.org.
- Our Unitarian Universalist Story: Please join us for a series of workshops to understand Unitarian Universalism today and where it may be heading tomorrow. This workshop will guide participants in understanding our religious past. Our Unitarian Universalist Story uses readings, group discussions and activities to focus on the history and heritage of Unitarian Universalism, personal religious values, individual experience and current theological trends and issues. Participants explore their own spiritual development, identify their religious attitudes, values and beliefs, and determine where our religion may move in the future. Join Rev. Andrew and DRE Joanne for this three-session program as part of Beloved Community Wednesdays! * December 11th: Sprouts in Poland, Transylvania and England * January 8th: Blooms in the United States All sessions start at 7pm in the Sanctuary, following the Community Potluck at 6:30pm. For more information, please contact Rev. Andrew or DRE Joanne.
- Social Justice Committee meetings will be held every Third Sunday, at 12:30pm, after Sunday services in the Sanctuary Building. Please join us for our next meeting on December 15th. For more information, please contact Social Justice Committee at socialjustice.uufp.org.
- We are now signing up volunteers for "PORT" Winter Homeless Shelter. If you are interested in volunteering or just want to learn more about how the UUFP supports PORT, you are invited to join us December 15th, after services in the Sanctuary Building for our PORT Informational meeting. If you are a PORT volunteer, you may want to come learn about any changes in procedures or share your experiences with newcomers. Our first PORT date is Sunday, January 5th, at First Baptist Church in NN. Bobbie Schilling will be signing up volunteers Now through December. For more information, please contact Bobbie Schilling or Henry Chambers.
- Wanted: OLD SHOES, any type, any condition! The Social Justice Committee is collecting old shoes for THRIVE Peninsula, a local nonprofit that will repair the shoes or recycle them if they are no longer usable. We will be collecting shoes through Sunday, December 15th. For more information, please contact Social Justice Committee at socialjustice.uufp.org.
- "Blue Holidays" A Special Evening Service at UUFP... Because sometimes the holidays are not easy, UUFP invites you to our first "Blue Holidays" service on Tuesday, December 17th at 7:00pm. Consider bringing with you a special ornament, photograph, or token of hope. Childcare will be provided, and youth will gather separately with Miss Joanne. Tea and cookies after the service. For more information contact Scott Kasmire or contact DRE Joanne.
- Panel Discussion: Join us for a unique opportunity to deepen your understanding of the transgender community, hear from your transgender neighbors, and make new connections. Invite your friends, family members, and neighbors for an evening of conversation and community fun on Tuesday, December 17th at 6:30pm to 8pm at the Hampton Public Library - Main Branch! Click here to learn more and register at http://bit.ly/TransPanelHampton2 or contact DRE Joanne.
- Citizens for Riverview Farm Park meetings will be held every Third Tuesday, at 6:00pm-7:30pm, in the Sanctuary Building. Please join us for our next meeting on December 16th. For more information, please contact Social Justice Committee at socialjustice.uufp.org.
- Soup Socials takes place every Fourth Sundays..During the fall and winter months, we will gather for homemade soups and conversation on the Fourth Sundays of the month. All are welcome to stay after second service and enjoy the good eats and fellowship. If you can, bring your own bowls and spoons. This isn't a potluck, but we do need about five to seven willing volunteers who will make soup on each of these Sundays to feed everyone. If you would like to make a pot of soup, use the sign-up sheets located on the table below the purple Membership bulletin, or contact Caitlin Lammie and Jerome Greba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Book Club meets every Fourth Monday, at 7pm in the Office Building. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Goddess Group meets after services every First Sunday, in the Office Building. This discussion circle is open for everyone. Please bring a dish to share if you'd like, and childcare can be provided with advance notification. For more information, please contact GoddessGroup@uufp.org.
- Last Leaf Raking will be on Saturday, January 4th, at 8:30am. You'll need to dress for the weather, it's also a good idea to bring lawn tools and work gloves. All help is appreciated. For more information, please contact Roy Schilling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our first "PORT" Winter Homeless Shelter date will be on Sunday, January 5th, at First Baptist Church in Newport News. For more information, please contact Bobbie Schilling or Henry Chambers.
- The Tidewater Extended Leadership Experience takes place on the First Saturdays of March, April, May and June, with the Williamsburg UUs, Glen Allen, Richmond and the UUFP hosting each Saturday respectively. The cost is $120 for all four sessions, but talk to us about that if you’re feeling the pinch. For more information, please contact Henry Chambers, Scott Kasmire or Alicia Hofler.