**The deadline of announcements for inclusion on Sundays is Wednesday at Noon. Announcements may be edited for length and formatting.
- Women's Drumming will meet in the Office Building on Saturday, September 22nd at 7:00pm.
- The Book Club meeting will be Monday, September 24th at 7:00pm in the Office Building. Send an email to email@example.com for more information.
- Pathway to Membership Part I: Orientation- will be held on Saturday, September 29 from 12 to 4pm. Interested in finding out more about becoming a member of the UUFP? Then your first step is to attend an orientation. Our Pathways Part I is not only a time where you will get information on being a UU, our UUFP offerings, specifics on meaning of membership, but it's also a time to get to know other UUFP members and newcomers. Membership Committee conducts these orientations twice a year, with the next one happening in Spring of 2019. If you would like to attend, please put your name on the sign-up sheet located under the purple Membership bulletin board. Or email Donna Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Fuun Anyone working with fiber, fabric is welcome every 2nd and 4th Monday evening from 6:30pm - 8:30pm in the Office Building. Contact Meg at email@example.com for more information.
- Citizens for Riverview Farm Park meeting be held every Monday at 6:30pm in the Office Building.
- Yoga Class meets every Tuesday at 9:30am in the Sanctuary. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Good Friday's take place at St. Paul's Episcopal Church (221 34th St. Newport News, VA 23607) every 1st and 3rd Friday at 4:30pm. Here we will prepare/serve dinner to the homeless. Contact Donna for more information at email@example.com .
- Game Nights happen every First Saturday of the month. All are welcome to come partake in the festivities. We will begin at 6:30 and end at 8:30pm. Since it's still summer, outdoor and indoor games can be enjoyed. Bring your favorite games and a snack to share with all. Contact Joanne or Rosalee for information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospitality Teams consist of a group of members who come together, three months out of the year, to help make our Sundays run smoothly. As a team, we fill the many duties of Ushering, Greeting, Serving and Providing Food, as well as the important duty of Making Coffee and Cleaning up! If you would like to learn about our Hospitality Team program, or if you are on a team but haven't gone through a training, we encourage you to attend. This informative overview will cover any current changes, as well as what each job entails. We will meet right after second service at 12:20pm in the Kitchen area for 40 minutes, every First Sunday of the month. Some refreshments will be provided. Contact Bobbie Schilling or Rosalee Pfister at email@example.com if you would like to attend. Thank you!
- ARE presents: Owning Your Religious Past || Many from Universalists come to UU other religions. Some bring with them unresolved feelings about experiences in other religious institutions. This five week workshop will be interactive, using discussions and activities to help participants grow in their faith, moving from the discomfort and questioning about previous spiritual experiences to greater self-understanding, affirmation and wholeness. Adult RE and Reverend Andrew Millard will facilitate the workshops at 7pm on Wednesdays evenings October 3rd and 10th. For questions or further information, please contact Kathryn Ozyurt or Rev. Andrew Millard.
- Goddess Group will meet Sunday, October 7th at 12:15pm in the Office Building for a potluck lunch, followed by a discussion of different Goddesses. This month's topic is "Beer Goddesses". October brings cooler weather, football, and (of course) thoughts of beer. And it’s a great time to visit Goddess Group as we explore goddesses associated with beer. We’ll look at the ancient world’s view of the beverage and how it was made, as well as the goddesses who oversaw the production and consumption of it. Bring a dish if you'd like to share. Childcare is available with advanced notification. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Scriptural Reasoning Sunday, October 7th at 3:00pm in the Office Building. Jews, Christians, and Muslims meet to discuss the topic "Delegating Responsibility". Contact Meg for more information at email@example.com.
- Fifty & Better Potluck Luncheon will be held on Tuesday, October 9th at 12:30pm in the Office Building. This event is open to those over 50 years old for a monthly daytime social activity on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Contact Rev. Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Earth Rising will meet on Friday, October 12th and October 26th in the Sanctuary. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Second Sunday Lunch will meet on Sunday, October 14th at Saisaki Asian Bistro, 101 Regal Way, Newport News, VA 23602. All are welcome to join us at 12:30pm for good food and fellowship! For more information contact Bobbie Schilling at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Men's Writing Group will meet in the RE Area of the Sanctuary at 6:30pm on Monday, October 15th.
- The Book Club meeting will be Monday, October 22nd at 7:00pm in the Office Building. Send an email to email@example.com for more information.
- Women's Drumming will meet in the Office Building on Saturday, October 27th at 7:00pm.
- Annual Membership Meeting has passed, but we still want you to submit your reports to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Did you miss the meeting? Check out the reports below!
- The Building Committee is looking for people willing to help out with the operation and maintenance of our buildings. This is a great chance to contribute in a very hands-on, practical fashion to our beloved community. No special skills required as we often just need a second set of hands. Anyone with handy-person, electrical or general contracting experience should definitely give it a thought. If interested, please contact Steve at: email@example.com.